Monday, November 17, 2008

WEDDING FAVORS


My friend, writer Matthew K. Manning, was one of the million people I know (including myself) who tied the knot this year. For a wedding favor, he gave each guest a comic that told the story of how he and his wife met and the events that led up to their proposal and marriage. He wrote the script, then "commissioned" his artist friends to each draw a page. Since we've been good friends for so long, of course we all said "yes". But mainly it was because he had some kind of dirt on all of us that he threatened to expose if we said "no" (I still don't know how he found out where I buried those bodies).

The above image is of the pencils and inks I turned in. It was then colored by our friend Rob Donnelly and lettered by our other friend Cory Petit. I've never worked this way before, so it was very cool to see other people finish the piece and create the final product. The whole thing turned out great and it was a lot of fun to be a part of. You can check out the rest of the book, along with the other great artists that worked on it, at Matt's own blog: http://matthewkmanning.blogspot.com/

Huzzah!

No comments: