Monday, November 29, 2010

SPIDER-MAN REDUX
brush, ink & digital

Hey everyone! This here is a revised version of a illustration I posted a few months back. Feel free to click here if you would like to compare this one to the original.

Back when I posted the first version, a friend and fellow artist gave me some feedback and said that while he really liked the Spidey, he felt the overall composition could be stronger. I'm not exactly sure what happened right after that because I flew into a blinding rage and blacked out for a moment. But later on, when I went to visit my friend in the hospital, I told him I thought about what he said and realized he was right. Oh, and also that I was sorry.

But I digress. Aside from the composition of the original, I wasn't really happy with how the building looked either. So for the revised version I re-drew the building from scratch then colored it digitally and now I think the piece is a lot stronger. Kind of like my friend's spine now that it has that metal rod in it.

No comments: